|Nomination Period:||Vote Period:|
|Wednesday, Aug 19, 12:01 AM - Thursday, Aug 27, 11:59 PM||Friday, Sep 11, 12:01 AM - Sunday, Sep 27, 11:59 PM|
2020 Herald-Banner Reader's Choice Official Rules
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Herald-Banner 2020 Readers' Choice contest is open to residents of the State of Texas, 18 years or older at the time of entry. The Herald-Banner reserves the right to verify proof of age. Entries with incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted.
2. Contest Period. Online contest nomination period begins at 12:01 a.m. (C.D.T.), Aug. 19, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (C.D.T.), Aug. 27, 2020. The online contest voting period begins at at 12:01 a.m. (C.D.T.), Sept. 11, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (C.D.T.), Sept. 27, 2020.
3. Online Registration Procedures and Rules. Visit the Herald-Banner 2020 Reader's Choice contest official site by clicking on the button on the home page of the Herald-Banners’ website, www.heraldbanner.com. Follow the steps to complete the registration form. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry technology.
4. Online Nominating Procedures and Rules. After registration is completed you may submit a nomination ballot during the nomination period (Aug. 19 through Aug. 27, 2020). You may nominate as many people or businesses as you would like for the various categories listed during this time period. After registration is completed you may submit a nomination once every 24 hours during the nomination period (Aug. 19 through Aug. 27, 2020).
5. Online Voting Procedures and Rules. After registration is completed you may submit a voting ballot once every 24 hours during the voting period (Sept. 11 through Sept. 27, 2020). During each voting session you may vote for only one entry under each of the categories.
6. Ineligible Entries. The Herald-Banner will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or the Herald-Banner.
7. Voting Updates. Votes will be tabulated as they are received and verified. Official winners will be published in the annual Herald-Banner Reader’s Choice edition on Thursday, October 29, 2020.
8. Voting is open to the general public. Online voting is limited to persons 18 years of age or older. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry.
9. Questions. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by the Herald-Banner in its sole discretion, and the Herald-Banner reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
10. Winner Determination. Winners in the voting phase will be determined by total number of votes received, both online and in print. Winner tabulations will be completed on or about Monday, Oct. 5, 2020. Winners will be acknowledged in print in the annual Herald-Banner Reader’s Choice edition publishing Thursday, October 29, 2020 and online at www.heraldbanner.com.
11. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Herald-Banner. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of the Herald-Banner which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, the Herald-Banner reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Herald-Banner 2020 Reader's Choice contest.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The Herald-Banner 2020 Reader's Choice contest is sponsored by the Herald-Banner. The decisions of the Herald-Banner regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Herald-Banner will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit our website www.heraldbanner.com or send a self-address stamped envelope to "Winner's List/Official Rules" (as applicable), 2020 Reader’s Choice Contest, c/o Herald-Banner, 2305 King Street, Greenville, TX 75401. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Kerri Gibbs at 903.455.4220.