|Wednesday, Oct 16, 3:00 PM - Tuesday, Nov 5, 4:00 PM||Friday, Oct 25, 4:01 PM - Tuesday, Nov 5, 4:00 PM|
2013 Reader's Choice Contest Official Rules
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 2013 Reader’s Choice contest is open to residents of the State of Texas, 18 years or older at the time of entry. The Jacksonville Daily Progress reserves the right to verify proof of age. Entries with incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted.
2. Contest Period. Online contest nomination period begins at 3 p.m. (C.D.T.), October 16, 2013 and ends at 4 p.m. (C.D.T.), November 5, 2013. The online contest voting period begins at 4:01 pm. (C.D.T.) October 25, 2013 and ends at 4:00 p.m. (C.D.T.) Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
3. Online Registration Procedures and Rules. Visit the 2013 Reader’s Choice contest official site by clicking on the button on the home page of the Jacksonville Daily Progress’ website, www.jacksonvilleprogress.com. Follow the steps to complete the registration form. After registering, you will receive a conformation email which must be approved. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry technology.
4. Online Nominating Procedures and Rules. After registration is completed you may submit a nomination ballot during the nomination period (October 16, 2013 through November 5, 2013). You may nominate as many people or businesses as you would like for the various categories listed during this time period.
5. Online Voting Procedures and Rules. After registration is completed you may submit a voting ballot once every 24 hours during the voting period (October 25, 2013 through November 5, 2013). During each voting session you may vote for only one entry under each of the categories.
6. Ineligible Entries. The Jacksonville Daily Progress will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or the Daily Progress.
7. Voting Updates. Votes will be tabulated and posted as they are received and verified. Official winners will be published in the annual Reader’s Choice Celebration on Saturday, November 30, 2013.
8. Voting is open to the general public. Online voting is limited to persons 18 years of age or older. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry.
9. Questions. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by the Daily Progress in its sole discretion, and the Daily Progress reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
10. Winner Determination. Winners will be determined by total number of votes received. In the event of a tie, the Daily Progress will randomly select the winner from the tied entries. Winner will be selected on or about November 8, 2013. Winners will be acknowledged in print in the annual Reader’s Choice Celebration edition publishing Saturday, November 30, 2013 and online at www.jacksonvilleprogress.com.
11. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Daily Progress. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of the Daily Progress which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, the Daily Progress reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the 2013 Reader’s Choice contest.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The 2013 Reader’s Choice contest is sponsored by the Jacksonville Daily Progress. The decisions of the Daily Progress regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Daily Progress will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit our website www.jacksonvilleprogress.com or send a self-address stamped envelope to "Winner's List/Official Rules" (as applicable), 2013 Reader’s Choice Contest, c/o Jacksonville Daily Progress, 525 E. Commerce, Jacksonville, TX 75766. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Jake Mienk at 903.586.2236.