|Nomination Period:||Second and Final Vote Period:|
|Sunday, May 15, 12:01 AM - Sunday, May 29, 11:59 PM||Friday, Jul 1, 12:01 AM - Sunday, Jul 17, 11:59 PM|
2016 Reader's Choice Best of the Best Official Rules
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 2016 Best of Best Gazette Awards Contest is open to residents of the State of Ohio, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Gazette and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are eligible to participate in voting but not to win any monetary prizes.
2. Voting Period. Nominations will be accepted at 12:01 AM (EST) May 15, ending 11:59 PM (EST.), May 29. Second round voting begins at 12:01 AM (EST) June 8, ending 11:59 PM (E.S.T.) June 19. Final voting begins at 12:01 AM. (EST) July 1st and ends at 11:59 PM. (EST.) July 19.
3. Online Voting: Visit the 2016 Readers Choice Best of the Best Contest official registration page on The Gazette web site at www.medina-gazette.com . Complete the registration form, and any other required fields, submit your vote and then submit your entry by clicking on the "SUBMIT" button. One online vote may be cast per valid email address per day during the contest period. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry.
4. Voting entries will be received online at medina-gazette.com
5. Votes will be posted as they are received by deadlines indicated on printed forms and verified. Official winners will be published in the annual Best of the Best feature, Saturday, August, 13, 2016.
6. How to Vote online for businesses. Follow the directions to vote online by going to www.medina-gazette.com and click on Best of the Best. Entries may be submitted by an adult who is 18 years or older at the time of voting.
7. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by The Gazette in its sole discretion, and The Gazette reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, paying for votes.
8. Winner Determination. Winners will be determined by total number of votes received online. The final winners will be revealed in the Best of the Best Tabloid section Saturday August 13, 2016 after all online voting is tabulated. In the event of a tie, The Gazette will randomly select the winner from the tied entries. Winners will be acknowledged in print in the annual Best of the Best edition and online at www.medina-gazette.com.
9. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Gazette. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of The Gazette corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, The Gazette reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the 2016 Readers Choice Best of the Best contest.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The 2016 Readers Choice Best of the Best Contest is sponsored by The Gazette. The decisions of The Gazette regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Gazette will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit our website www.medina-gazette.com. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Jason Gwinnup, 330-721-4002.
11. Cancellation Policy: All entries are non-cancellable.