|Nomination Period:||Vote Period:|
|Friday, Jan 6, 12:01 AM - Wednesday, Jan 11, 3:00 PM||Saturday, Jan 28, 12:01 AM - Sunday, Feb 5, 11:59 PM|
2017 Readers' Choice "Favorites of the Four States" Contest Official Rules
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Official 2017 Readers’ Choice “Favorites of the Four States” contest is open to residents of the State of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma-18 years or older at the time of entry. The Joplin Globe Media Company reserves the right to verify proof of age. Entries with incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted.
2. Contest Period. Online contest nomination period begins at 12:01 a.m. (C.D.T.), January 6, 2017 and ends at 3:00 p.m. (C.D.T.), January 11, 2017. A ‘winner’ in each category will be chosen from the top 5 nominees for each category. Final voting begins at 12:01 am. (C.D.T.) January 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (C.D.T.), February 5, 2017.
3. Online Registration Procedures and Rules. Visit the Official 2017 Readers’ Choice “Favorites of the Four States” contest site by clicking on the button on the home page of the Joplin Globe Media Company’s website, www.joplinglobe.com. Follow the steps to complete the registration form. After registering, you will receive a conformation email which must be approved. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry technology.
4. Online Nominating Procedures and Rules. After registration is completed you may submit a nomination ballot during the nomination period (January 6, 2017 through January 11, 2017). You may nominate as many people or businesses as you would like for the various categories listed during this time period.
5. Online Voting Procedures and Rules. After registration is completed and the voting period is active, you may submit a voting ballot once every 24 hours during the voting period (January 28, 2017 through February 5, 2017). During each voting session you may vote for only one entry under each of the categories.
6. Ineligible Entries. The Joplin Globe Media Company will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or The Joplin Globe Media Company.
7. Voting Updates. Votes will be tabulated and posted as they are received and verified. Official winners will be published in the annual Official 2017 Readers’ Choice “Favorites of the Four States” contest on Sunday, February 29, 2017.
8. Voting is open to the general public. Online voting is limited to persons 18 years of age or older. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry.
9. Questions. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by The Joplin Globe Media Company in its sole discretion, and The Joplin Globe Media Company reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
10. Winner Determination. Winners will be determined by total number of votes received. In the event of a tie, The Joplin Globe Media Company will randomly select the winner from the tied entries. Winners from each category will be selected on or about February 6, 2017. Winners will be acknowledged in print in the annual Official 2017 Readers’ Choice “Favorites of the Four States” publication on Sunday, February 26, 2017 and online at www.joplinglobe.com.
11. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of The Joplin Globe Media Company. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond reasonable control of The Joplin Globe Media Company which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, The Joplin Globe Media Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate Official 2017 Readers’ Choice “Favorites of the Four States” contest.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Use of Official logo & contest name: The Joplin Globe reserves the right to disqualify individual nominations, votes, voters or categories if they are determined to be fraudulent. Nominees may also be disqualified due to misuse of the official contest name, ‘Readers’ Choice “Favorites of the Four States”’ and/or official logo in any campaign or promotional materials. The official logo is available from The Joplin Globe Media Company for use in campaigning and promotion of nominees, top five finalists and winners.
The Official 2017 Reader's Choice “Favorites of the Four States” contest is sponsored by The Joplin Globe Media Company. The decisions of The Joplin Globe Media Company regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Joplin Globe Media Company will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest.
Questions? Please read the official rules or send an email to Brent Powers.